Siirry sisältöön

Paper Workers' Unemployment Fund

Guide to unemployment fund benefits 2022(PDF) 


To become a member of the Finnish Paper Workers’ Unemployment Fund, you must be under 68 years old and currently work as a wage earner in the Finnish paper industry or a related field. You can send your membership application below: 

Membership application to Paper Workers' Unemployment Fund

To become a member of both the Finnish Paper Workers’ Union and the Paper Workers’ Unemployment Fund, consult the membership page from Paper Workers’ Unions homepage.

Phone service 

The Unemployment Fund is available from Monday to Thursday from 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 a.m. at 020 690 429. Calling the number costs the caller the normal telephone charge charged by the operator. You can also contact us through a message from our eService or by using the contact form on our homepage. 

If you become unemployed or laid off 

Register as a job seeker looking for full-time employment at TE Office’s website at the latest on the first day of unemployment or lay-off. You are entitled to earnings-related allowance only if your job search is valid at the TE Office. 

You can submit your first application for earnings-related allowance when at least two full calendar weeks have passed since your first day of unemployment or layoff. Send your application for the allowance no later than three months after the start of your unemployment or lay-off. 

Submit your application and the attachments to the Unemployment Fund using our eService. If you cannot use the eService, you can submit your application by mail to this address: 

Paper Workers’ Unemployment Fund 
PO 349

00531 Helsinki 

Attachments required with the first application 

You do not have to send the original attachments, copies are sufficient. 

  • Notice of termination if your permanent employment has ended. If your employment has been for a fixed term, notification is not required. 
  • A certificate of employment if your employment has ended and a certificate of employment is available. 
  • Employment contract, if available. 
  • Layoff notice if you have been laid off. 
  • A personal tax decision if you have earned income from agriculture or other business activities. 
  • A decision about the social benefit you receive that affects your earnings-related daily allowance, such as a decision about a child home care allowance for your family. 

We receive salary-related information directly from the Income register, but if the information is insufficient, we may ask you to send us a certificate of your earnings. In such a case, the pay certificate from your employer must cover at least 26 paid work weeks prior to your unemployment or lay-off. 

We receive income tax cards directly from the Finnish tax authority, but in this case a withholding rate of at least 25% will be applied to your earnings-related allowance. You can order a revised tax card for benefits from

Attachments to the follow-up application 

Fill out a follow-up application for four calendar weeks from Monday to Sunday, or for the whole calendar month. 

If you participate in an employment promotion service, indicate in your application which service you are in and any dates of your absence.